Based in the Reception of the Main Gallery, you will be the first point of contact for visitors to the Gallery, giving a warm welcome, assisting with enquiries and ensuring a great visitor experience. You will also support the day to day running of the Gallery, dealing with administrative duties and supporting the Gallery Shop, sharing product information with visitors and taking sales.
- Welcoming and engaging visitors, providing information about the gallery and programmes
- Responding to telephone, email and face to face enquiries
- Supervising the Gallery space, ensuring the safety and security of the public, artwork and retail space
- Assisting with sales and shop displays, including cash handling
- Maintaining a neat and tidy reception and retail area
- Supporting our retail work, with stocktaking, pricing and other tasks
- Monitoring visitor numbers and contributing to evaluation initiatives
- Representing the Gallery and Richmond Arts Service
There are opportunities within the role to work with the wider team of staff and volunteers.
We ask for a minimum commitment of one shift every fortnight, although there is flexibility over scheduling.