Our vision is to be an organisation that lives up to our students’ values, by
- being truly sustainable in all aspects of our work,
- educating our members about the threat of climate change and the need for urgent action to protect the environment,
- and effectively influencing UCL to operate to a truly sustainable university.
We aim to become the most sustainable students’ union in the UK through embedding principles of sustainability into all aspects of the Students’ Union’s activities and services, minimising our impact on the environment, and helping to educate and empower our students to understand their impact on the planet.
1. Become a net zero-carbon organisation by 2030
2. Cut the amount of non-recyclable or non-compostable waste we generate by 50% by 2025, and by 90% by 2030
3. Ensure all food and drink sold by the Union are ethically sourced and low carbon
4. Aim to improve the percentage of hot drinks sold in reusable cups to at least 50% by 2025 and 90% by 2030
5. Divest the Union from all single-use plastic by 2025
6. Launch a sector-leading sustainability education and leadership programme for students