We’re here to help you do more at UCL, we’re the place where more happens.
We’re your route to more than 360 Clubs and Societies, countless volunteering opportunities, part-time jobs that fit around your studies, events, great places to eat, drink and chill in, an Advice Service when you need it, and if you want to make lasting change at UCL, we can help you do that too. As a student at UCL, you’ve got access to all the wonderful things we have to offer, it’s automatic, and we can help you make the most of it.
We exist for the advancement of education of students at UCL for the public benefit by:
- promoting the interests and welfare of Students at UCL during their course of study and representing, supporting and advising students;
- being the recognised representative channel between Students and UCL and any other external bodies; and
- providing social, cultural, sporting and recreational activities and forums for discussions and debate for the personal development of its Students.
- We aim to build a strong sense of community for all our students
- We want students to feel they belong and feel pride in being UCL students
- We support and encourage our diverse student communities to grow and succeed
- We support and empower our students to develop their skills and confidence to change to the world for the better
- We help students to pursue their passions, discover new interests, and do more than they thought possible
- We provide support when students need it, helping them to access information, advice and support that enables them to overcome barriers and achieve their potential.
- We are a diverse and vibrant community with many different opinions, viewpoints, needs and experiences
- We value every member of our community and always try to ensure that our services enable everyone to participate in our activities and play a full role in student life
- We believe that everyone has a right to express their views and to be listened to and respected as a member of our community
- We believe in representative democracy and work to empower and support our elected officers to help them to be effective leaders of the Students’ Union and ambassadors for our members
- We cherish our democratic structures and want as many students participating in them as possible
- We recognise that not everyone will always agree, so we encourage our officers to listen to a broad range of student viewpoints and seek to ensure that they consider the breadth of student opinion before taking important decisions.
- We are innovative and ambitious
- We want to be one of the best student organisations anywhere in the world
- Bold thinking is part of our DNA. We are part of a diverse, exciting city and a radical university which has welcomed imaginative thinkers and entrepreneurs for centuries
- We want to be the most sustainable students’ union in the UK
- We want to minimise our environmental footprint in every way possible
- We want to hand the Union on to the next generation of student leaders and staff in better shape than we found it, protecting its assets and services for the future
- We want to make university life fun, distinctive and memorable
- We want all our students to enjoy their time at UCL and are committed to doing all we can to achieve that
- We embrace a positive, fun and inspiring working culture for our staff and officers