Here at the Volunteering Service we're keen to make volunteering open to everyone at UCL. We realise that postgrads don't always find it easy to get involved - and so we've done out best to take away the barriers.
We've got around 300 opportunities available in London with our partner organisations for UCL students. We know that postgrads are often looking for flexible and time-light volunteering or for roles using their research skills. We've bundled these up in our Postgrad Volunteering Directory, which also links to a wider selection of opportunities.
If you're planning to write your dissertation with a community theme, check out our Community Research Initiative for Students – where we may be able to connect you with community organisations who you can collaborate on with your research.
You can get Graduate School skills training points for community volunteering - up to 1 point per year.
Find out what other postgrads have done
- Melisa Sahan (MSci Psychology) is a student mentor with IntoUniversity.
- Kirsty Goodman (Security and Crime Science PhD) is a Dementia Wellbeing Volunteer with Age UK Camden.
- Kleoniki Theodoridou (Msc Risk and Disaster Science) has been volunteering with the British Red Cross on the Missing Maps project.
- George Washbourne (MA English Language & Literature) has volunteered with the Refugee Council as an Integration Advice volunteer.
- Rebecca Shutt (Phd Physics and Astronomy) volunteers with sustainability education charity PPL PWR.
Find out more
To go on our mailing list to get our latest updates please sign up for our newsletter, or if you've any questions about volunteering feel free to send us an email.