Frequently Asked Questions
- How does the Active Bystander training work?
1. You must first take the online course here: https://studentsunionucl.org/course/active-bystander-programme-new-students
2. After the Active Bystander Evaluation on the online course, you should book a ticket to attend the online live discussion.
3. A zoom link will be provided closer to the date via email.
- Is the programme catered to undergraduate, Masters and Research students?
The answer is yes! Where we can tailor the workshops to the different levels of study at UCL we will adapt the content to match their likely experiences and situations.
- I have completed the course but it still says "in progress"; "incomplete" or "not started" - how do I resolve this?
You do not need to re-do the course if it says this because we will have a registered log if you completed the course, quiz and evaluation. We will know you have completed the course when you book a ticket and attend the Live Workshop Discussion which is revealed at the last section of the course.
- Where are live online workshops taking place?
They will be taking place on Zoom. You will receive the link once have completed the course and booked a ticket.
- Can I attend the live online workshop even if I have not completed the training?
No, you must the online self course before you book a ticket for the live online workshop on Zoom.
- Is the training mandatory training for new UCL students?
Yes, the training is mandatory for new UCL students as part of their induction programme. Your departments will be informed of students that completed the full course.
- I'm a returning student - do I need to complete training?
If you pass the refresher quiz, it will not be compulsory for you to take the online training module. However, if you still wish to take the online training module, you are welcome to do so. If you fail the refresher quiz, you must proceed with taking the online training module to refresh and enhance your knowledge about being an Active Bystander.
- When will live online workshops begin?
Live online workshops start from Thursday 1 October - Friday 16 October. You must complete the online training course before you attend any of the sessions between this time period. You can take the course here: https://studentsunionucl.org/course/active-bystander-programme-new-students
- Does the Active Bystander Programme include the Consent Module?
No. This is a separate training. https://www.ucl.ac.uk/students/support-and-wellbeing/sexual-consent-online-training
- I'm having navigation issues - who can resolve this?
Please contact [email protected]