IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATE:
The Advice Service is back offering face-to-face advice for the 2021/22 academic year.
We will also continue to offer advice via email, telephone and video/voice chat on Microsoft teams.
Can we help you?
We offer advice to all students currently registered at UCL. Our service is also available to:
- prospective students who hold an offer for a UCL programme of study
- recent graduates where there is an ongoing matter relating to their studies, for example a student complaint or disciplinary issue
- students on interruption of studies with matters relating to their studies, for example returning to study and support to study
- We can advise UCL students who are also UCL staff on matters relating to their student status, however we will refer to a staff trade union such as UCU or UCL HR for any matters relating to their role as a staff member
How can we help?
We are a free, confidential and independent advice and support service. Our trained and experienced team can give you advice about:
- Academic issues - including extenuating circumstances, plagiarism and complaints
- Housing - including contract checks and housemate disputes
- Employment - including unpaid wages and part time employment contracts
- Money and Debt - including budgeting and welfare benefits
- Many other personal and university matters...
You can submit your query though our contact form - please allow 5 working days for a response.
We can also supply free condoms and sanitary protection for those students in need. Just pop up to the office to collect them.
We are offering advice in-person and via email, telephone and video/voice chat on Microsoft teams. Appointments are generally available Monday-Friday each week. This includes the summer vacation period.
The Advice Service reception is open every Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday between 10:00 and 16:00, and every Tuesday between 11:00 and 16:00. We will be closed everyday between 13:00 and 14:00 for lunch.
Where to find us
Students’ Union UCL Advice Service
25 Gordon Street
You may find the following information helpful:
- Reporting Hate Crime
- Academic issues: