The Advice Service office and reception can be found on the 1st Floor of 25 Gordon Street.
The Advice Service reception is open between 10:00 and 16:00 every Monday to Thursday, and 10:00 and 13:00 on Fridays.
We offer advice in-person, or via email, telephone and video/voice chat on Microsoft Teams.
To contact our advisors, please use our contact form - please allow 5 working days for us to confirm receipt of your query. You can also call us on 020 3549 5232. Our phone line will be open between 10:00 and 16:00 every Tuesday to Thursday, and 10:00 and 13:00 on Mondays and Fridays.
Opening Hours Update
The Advice Service reception will be open between 13:00 and 16:00 on Thursday 21st September.
If you would like to book an appointment outside of our opening hours, please complete our contact form.
How can we help?
We are a free, confidential and independent advice and support service. Our trained and experienced team can give you advice about:
- Academic Advice - including extenuating circumstances, academic misconduct and the support to study framework
- UCL Complaints and Disciplinaries
- Housing Issues - including tenancy contract checks and housemate disputes
- Employment Rights - including unpaid wages and part time employment contracts
- Financial Support and Budgeting - including money management, hardship funds and welfare benefits
If you are unsure what kind of advice you may need, speak to one of our advisors for professional advice and support.
You can submit your query though our contact form - please allow 5 working days for us to confirm receipt of your query.
We can also supply free condoms and period products for those students in need. Just pop up to the office to collect them.
Can we help you?
We offer advice to all students currently registered at UCL. Our service is also available to:
- prospective students who hold an offer for a UCL programme of study
- recent graduates where there is an ongoing matter relating to their studies, for example a student complaint or disciplinary issue
- students on interruption of studies with matters relating to their studies, for example returning to study and support to study
- We can advise UCL students who are also UCL staff on matters relating to their student status, however we will refer to a staff trade union such as UCU or UCL HR for any matters relating to their role as a staff member
If you are a UCL or Union staff member making an enquiry on behalf of a student, please email us at [email protected]
We are currently offering advice in-person, or via email, telephone and video/voice chat on Microsoft teams.
Appointments are generally available Monday-Friday each week. This includes the summer vacation period.
The Advice Service reception will be open between 10:00 and 16:00 every Monday to Thursday, and 10:00 and 13:00 on Fridays.
Where to find us
Students’ Union UCL Advice Service
25 Gordon Street
You may find the following information helpful:
- Reporting Hate Crime
- Academic issues: