BANG Evolution is a mentoring and coaching programme, helping young people develop and enhance their skills and knowledge to reach their full potential, enabling them to contribute to their community and wider society positively. The programme will identify and create the tools to help young people make positive choices to achieve both immediate and long-term success and overcome barriers they have and are yet to encounter due to family, school, friends, the community, society and as of recent, the COVID-19 pandemic.
Mentors should expect to develop a deeper understanding of the challenges young people are currently facing. Mentors should experience providing ongoing motivation, encouragement, guidance and support, which will help establish communication and coaching skills and add to their list of achievements.
A mentor is an additional person young people can depend on for advice on any challenges they may be facing and are unable to express to their family or friends.
As a mentor you can:
- Shape future leaders of tomorrow
- Change a young person's life
- Develop communication skills
- Improve interpersonal skills
- Develop a deeper understanding of the challenges young people face
- Support a young person at a crucial time in their development
- Provide motivation, encouragement, guidance, and support
- Help young people to stay grounded and set realistic goals
- 1-2 hours per week for 6 months