Join our quadruple-award-winning society and turn your interest in surgery into a career.
All first years who buy membership will receive a FREE “Year 1 Survival Guide: How to Make the Most of UCL Medical School” containing notes, tips, tricks and resources to get you through your first year at UCL!
Whether you're already set on a career in surgery or just curious about what it entails, here’s what the surgical society can do for you:
- Shadowing scheme - shadow a surgeon in theatre!
- Women in Surgery mentoring scheme (1-2-1 mentorship from a female surgeon)
- Peer2Peer mentoring scheme (1-2-1 mentorship from a clinical student)
- Education and anatomy tutorials & exam crash courses - including CPSA sessions.
- Surgical Skills workshops - including basic, advanced and specialty-specific surgical skills workshops.
- Specialty-specific talks with internationally renowned surgeons
- Surgical Society networking events and gala dinner
- Priority access to our highly anticipated, sell-out conferences.
- 'How to Get Ahead of The Surgical Game’ – Portfolio Guide for Medical Students
- Surgical Career Support Grant - Winner opportunities award 2022/23
Our annual conferences:
- International Undergraduate & Foundation Surgical Conference (iNUGSC) - UCL Event of the Year Award 2017/18
- National Women in Surgery Conference - National Societies and Volunteering Award, Event of the year 2019/20 & UCL Event of the Year Award 2019/20
- UCL International Plastic Surgery Conference
- International Neurology and Neurosurgery Conference (INNC) - UCL Best Event of the Year
Join our quadruple-award-winning society and turn your interest in surgery into a career - we would love to welcome you to our events!