UCL Snowsports is one of the largest sport clubs in London with over 500 members! Whether you’re interested in fun weekly socials or are looking for a way to hone your skills in preparation for the slopes we have an event for you.
Memberships available in the 2023/24 academic year:
- Taster Membership (free)
This membership is required if you are attending one of our taster or beginner sessions so you are covered by SU insurance.
- Trip Membership (free)
If you are coming on one of our ski trips you will need to purchase this free membership if you are not already a paid member of the club. You will NOT gain access to the members ticket release with trip membership, you must purchase either social or competitive membership!
- Social Membership (£20)
Social membership means you can attend our weekly socials throughout the year, as well as attending our competitions such as BUDS and AJAM as a spectator, giving you access to the all-important after party!
- Competitive Membership (£50)
If you are attending any of our training sessions or competitions, you will need to purchase a competitive membership
- This year we are taking 400 of you to Alpe d’Huez in France between the 16th-23rd of December!!!
- Tickets drop on Friday 13th October, in the past it has sold out on the day so you don’t want to miss it. All you need to confirm your place is a £150 deposit
- If you have either a social or competitive membership for the club you can gain access to an early ticket drop on the 6th of October
- Ahead of launch we recommend you create an account with our travel providers Wasteland so you can book on as quickly on the day: https://booking.wastelandtravel.com
- Keep an eye out for info on our Easter trip as well (you might want to keep the 23rd-30th of March free)
- We compete at a regional and national level in Ski racing, Snowboard racing, and Freestyle (both ski and board)
- This year we will be competing at BUDS (9th-11th Nov in Edinburgh) and the UK Indoor Championships (24th-25th November in Milton Keynes)
- We also offer non-BUCS competitions through our local regional dry slope league KINGS, which has fancy dress themed competitions happening throughout the year
- Finally, we also compete in the AJAM freestyle competition during term 2. Even if you're not into freestyle, AJAM is an absolute blast, with DJs and the afterparty of the year.
- Ski and Snowboard training take place every Thursday night. We meet outside Bloomsbury theatre at 4:30 before going our separate ways to Gosling Dry Ski slope and Brentwood Dry Ski Slope respectively. We are normally back for 10-10:30 for a quick trip to the pub. The sessions are only £10, so the cost of the train ticket!
- Freestyle Training takes places every Friday night at Milton Keynes Snowdome. We catch the train up there so leave campus at 4:30 then we’re back for 11:00. The session is only £15, the cost of the train ticket
- All the info and sign up forms will be on the insta/FB
- You can sign up for our taster sessions NOW via the What’s on Calendar
- Most weeks you can catch us in Phineas before heading to Scala with the rest of teamUCL
- Our social calendar is also filled with curry nights, bar crawls, fancy dress events, charity socials, friendly society competitions as well as our annual ball planned to keep us busy throughout the year
- Here in Snowsports, we consider ourselves one big fat family, and everyone in the club gets given parents and siblings at the beginning of the year - giving you both someone to talk to if you need anything as well as setting us up for friendly family rivalry and competition.
- We also have lots of non-alcohol related events organised for the upcoming year including picnics, trampolining socials and scavenger hunts.
Make sure to message our Facebook/Instagram or Email with any questions or queries. And don't forget to come visit us at BOTH days of welcome fair!
Catch you on the slopes! ❄️⛷🏂
Your Snowsports Committee
Email: [email protected]