JOIN UCL BOXING 2023/2024
The UCL Amateur Boxing Clubs provides exceptional quality boxing training at an unbeatable price! For just 40 pounds, our club's membership provides its newcomers with 5.5 hours of training a week just as the starter. Our more experienced fighters will enjoy these sessions plus another 4 hours of competitive squad-based training at Box Clever Sports Gym, available to our members by invitation only. These sessions aim to train fighters for competition (BUCS, University Fightnights, etc.) so sparring is involved, but arrangements can be made for those who choose not to compete but want to train at a higher level.
Our schedule for the 2023/2024 Season is as follows:
- Monday, 8-9 pm, 7 Rathbone Sq, London W1T 1JW (Beginners and Boxing Fitness) [30 Spaces]
- Tuesday, 7-8 pm, Regent's Park Running Track (Track Session)
- Wednesday, 7:30-8:20 pm (50 mins), Bloomsbury Fitness, Mandela Studio (Beginners and Boxing Fitness) [30 Spaces]
- Wednesday, 8:20-9:10 pm (50 mins), Bloomsbury Fitness, Mandela Studio (Beginners and Boxing Fitness) [30 Spaces]
- Wednesday, 9:10-10:00 pm (50 mins), Bloomsbury Fitness, Mandela Studio (Intermediate Training) [30 Spaces]
- Friday, 6:30-8:30 pm, Box Clever Sports, Kensington Church St (Squad Training. By Invitation Only) [15 Spaces]
- Saturday, 5-6 pm, Box Clever Sports, Kensington Church St (Beginners and Boxing Fitness) [15 Spaces]
- Saturday, 6-7 pm, Box Clever Sports, Kensington Church St (Intermediate Training) [15 Spaces]
- Sunday, 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm, Box Clever Sports, Kensington Church St (Squad Training. By Invitation Only) [15 Spaces]
- £40 full membership. This membership will provide you access to book slots for all our in-person training sessions once the taster period is over and also render you eligible to take part in competitive events.
- £1 fee will be charged for each training session. The money from these sessions helps the club purchase new equipment and goes towards our social events.
- Once you have your full membership, to attend a training session, you must make a booking via the Students' Union (UCL) website before the session. All sessions can be found on the What's On calendar. Each session has a limited capacity of 30 slots, so do be sure to book in advance if you want to secure a space.
- It is strongly suggested you bring boxing gloves to all our sessions in the Mandela studio. Hand wraps are mandatory if you wish to continue attending sessions after the taster period as they are essential to preventing injury. If you are just joining the taster sessions and don't have any equipment, don't worry; you won't be at a disadvantage.
- Membership can be obtained through the Students' Union website (https://studentsunionucl.org/shop). Make sure to follow our Instagram page (instagram.com/uclboxing) to receive the most recent updates, or to ask any questions.
Taster Session Info:
- 27th September 7:30-8:20 pm
- 27th September 8:20-9:10 pm
- 27th September 9:10-10:00 pm
- 2nd October 8-9 pm
- 4th October 7:30-8:20 pm
- 4th October 8:20-9:10 pm
- 4th October 9:10-10:00 pm
- 9th October 8-9 pm
- 11th October 7:30-8:20 pm
- 11th October 8:20-9:10 pm
- 11th October 9:10-10:00 pm
All taster sessions will take place in the Bloomsbury Fitness Mandela Studio.
How to book: (1) Obtain a taster membership and (2) book a ticket for a convenient slot, both on the Student Union website.
⚠Stipulations: Capacity is strictly limited to 30 people per session. Tickets will sell out quickly, so make sure to book well in advance.
Important: You cannot enter without BOTH a taster membership AND a ticket for a particular slot. You will be turned away if this is not the case. ⚠
We look forward to meeting you shortly 😃 . For any questions, please do not hesitate to message us on our Instagram @uclboxing or drop us an email.
- If you are arriving in London past this taster period but still want a taster session, a one-off arrangement can be made. Please get in touch with @uclboxing on Instagram or via email.
- Join our WhatsApp group chat through the link below! https://chat.whatsapp.com/LvQ01UR9h70A2u8fESQSpL
We look forward to welcoming you to our club!