JOIN UCL BOXING 2022/2023
The UCL Amateur Boxing Clubs provides exceptional quality boxing training at an unbeatable price! For just 40 pounds, our club's membership provides its newcomers with 3.5 hours of training a week just as the starter. Our more experienced fighters will enjoy these sessions plus another 4 hours of competitive squad-based training at Box Clever Sports Gym, available to our members by invitation only. These sessions aim to train fighters for competition (BUCS, Birmingham Box Cup, University Fightnights, etc.) and so, sparring is involved, but arrangements can be made for those who choose not to compete but want to train at a higher level.
Our schedule for the 2022/2023 Season is as follows:
- Monday, 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm, Bloomsbury Fitness, Mandela Studio (Beginners and Boxing Fitness) [30 Spaces]
- Tuesday, 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm, Regent's Park Running Track (Track Session)
- Wednesday, 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Bloomsbury Fitness, Mandela Studio (Beginners and Boxing Fitness) [30 Spaces]
- Wednesday, 9:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Bloomsbury Fitness, Mandela Studio (Intermediate Training) [30 Spaces]
- Friday, 6:30 pm- 8:30 pm, Box Clever Sports, Kensington Church St (Squad Training. By Invitation Only) [15 Spaces]
- Sunday, 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm, Box Clever Sports, Kensington Church St (Squad Training. By Invitation Only) [15 Spaces]
- £40 full membership. This membership will provide you access to book slots for all our in-person training sessions once the taster period is over, and also render you eligible to take part in competitive events.
- £2 fee will be charged for each training session. The money from these sessions helps the club purchase new equipment and goes towards our social events.
- Once you have your full membership, to attend a training session, you must make a booking via the Students' Union (UCL) website before the session. All sessions can be found on the What's On calendar. Each session has a limited capacity of 30 slots, so do be sure to book in advance if you want to secure a space.
- It is strongly suggested you bring boxing gloves to all our sessions in the Mandela studio. Hand wraps are mandatory if you wish to continue attending sessions after the taster period as they are essential to preventing injury. If you are just joining the taster sessions and don't have any equipment, don't worry; you won't be at a disadvantage.
- Membership can be obtained through the Students' Union website (https://studentsunionucl.org/shop). Make sure to follow our Instagram page (instagram.com/uclboxing) to receive the most recent updates, or to ask any questions.
Taster Session Info:
- If you are arriving in London past this taster period but still want a taster session, a one-off arrangement can be made. Please get in touch with @uclboxing on Instagram or via email.
We look forward to welcoming you to our club!
This Club is Pride in Sport Accredited