We are committed to the safeguarding of children and adults at risk who participate in activities supported by Students’ Union UCL Volunteering Service.
We do this by:
- Putting in place systems and procedures to protect children and adults at risk who come into contact with our Student-Led Projects.
- Ensuring that children and adults at risk involved with our Student-Led Projects have a positive experience that contributes to their personal and social development.
- Ensuring that all volunteers on relevant Student-Led Projects are suitable for volunteering with children and/or adults at risk
- Ensuring that all volunteers know how to respond when a safeguarding issue arises.
- Ensuring that allegations of abuse made against UCL volunteers are dealt with in accordance with the very best practice.
- Ensuring that UCL students under the age of 18 are protected.
Read our child safeguarding policy
Read our adults at risk safeguarding policy
Our policies and procedures were developed with support from NSPCC and in line with UCL's Safeguarding Children and Adults at Risk Policy and Procedure