Nominations: Nominations closed
Voting: Voting closed
- Founder of UCL Animal Rights Society
- UN Youth Assembly Speech on Sustainability: in 2018 I presented a speech at the United Nations Headquarters on how to increase Youth engagement in sustainability
- Think and Do Sustainability Ambassador
- Member of the Sustainability Forum
- Campaign Liaison, Plant-based University Campaign: stared a campaign to urge universities to transitions to a 100% just and sustainable plant-based catering system, I have been able to successfully grow the campaign to over 20 UK universities.
- create a "sustainability fund", specifically dedicated for student led entrepreneurs urchin ideas at UCL to encourage students to think outside the box and pitch their ideas to the student union on how the student union could become more sustainable.
- make UCL's SU the first ever student union to go 100% plant based, indeed putting "plant over profit".
- by keeping student engagement at the heart of things, I hope to be able to support other student-led sustainability initiatives and campaigns.
Vote for me because sustainability is what I have dedicated all my life working towards- having served in over 5 sustainability related roles, I believe I understand the ins and outs of what it takes to improve our SU to make it the most sustainable it can be. Having served as the president of the animal rights society, I truly understand the logistics of working with the SU, which is why I will openly support any idea pitched to me by students and do everything in my capacity to bring their idea to life!
I am a Geography student, doing a climate change dissertation - I understand the urgency and importance of the role
2 yrs ago, I lead the project for free Plastic-Free period products in the student centre. I have the skills and knowledge of the university to push for change. I have seen the power of students working together and I know how to use the tools this role would give me to amplify student voices in sustainability
I also have been involved in multiple volunteering projects across my time at UCL, which is the main way that most of us engage with sustainability
Expand project period and increase student input. This project was started by students, and was implemented by students(me!) It is now being run by UCL. We need these plastic free products to be available in more places & restocked more often
Streamline the sustainability ambassador scheme. Student voices need to be used productively. The current ways don't allow students to produce actionable ideas. We need to be able to create change
Foster a community of climate activists - we can be a vibrant, diverse community, but we barely know each other!
I have worked with the university and the SU before, so I know how they work, and how to best utilise their resources.
I have lead and implemented sustainability projects at UCL before, and I can do it again.
I want to increase the power of UCL students to make UCL more sustainable.
Hi everyone, I’m Julie and I am super keen to get more students engaged in climate activism and make UCL as sustainable as ever!
This year, I have sat on the Student Sustainability Council where we discussed issues related to catering, careers, student engagement and more. I have also sat on the CAS Committee as Outreach and Communications Officer. These roles have opened my eyes to how much still needs to be done within the SU and how important the student voice is in fighting for the changes we need to see in UCL to make it truly sustainable.
- More student sustainability forums to hear from students about sustainable change at UCL
- SU should showcase sustainability as being a priority through their newsletter and providing more support for environmental societies
- Within programmes such as the Sustainability Council, every effort should be made to empower students with the ability to actually enforce change within structures of SU and UCL
- Increasing transparency of UCL and the SU’s sustainability plans
- Holding UCL careers accountable in promoting unsustainable careers
Please vote for me if you want to elect someone truly committed to integrating the student voice within the decision-making structure of UCL on all matters related to sustainability! I have the drive and passion necessary for this role and believe that more than anything, now is the time that students need to be engaging with the issues that concern us most - climate change! Together we have the power.
I have a strong passion for sustainable development. I live a green and low-carbon life, and I know the importance of sustainable. For example, I will try my best to reduce the use of paper and the use of disposable plastic bags in my life. So, I believe I know the method how we can achieve our sustainability goals. Also, I have a strong executive ability. Every time I encounter a task, I always try my best to solve it. I am an easygoing person, so I believe I can work well between students and officers.
There are several things I would like to get from this role. Firstly, I want to contribute in the field of sustainable development in the future, so, this experience can help me know more and gain more understanding of sustainable development. Second, I would like to learn more about the communication skill in this role, as for this role, we are not only contact with current student but also officers. Finally, I really enjoy work with like-minded people. Of course, there are much more that I will achieve in this role.
I am passionate about sustainability and willing to work for the advancement of the union.
I am very patient and willing to do my best to complete the tasks assigned by union.
I have a sense of responsibility and will be responsible for the sustainable development of the union.
Over the past year I have been the culture and community director at my halls over the past year and I have worked hard to improve the environment by creating a gardening society to improve the stewardship of the hall's garden. I have also implemented an anti littering initiative for cigarette waste. Furthermore I have, since college, advocated for further environmental sustainability through the creation of recycling posters and lowering heating.
If elected I hope to open up a non-profit zero waste co-operative on campus so that students can have access to healthy, environmentally sourced products at fair prices.
Set up a system to ensure that left over food from UCL Cafes goes to those in need to prevent the wasting of valuable food.
Set about changes such as energy saving objectives in order to aim for a Net Zero by 2025
These will have a positive impact of decreasing emissions and the ecological footprint of the university
Students should vote for me because I am passionate about sustainability and are willing to fight in order to overcome vested interests in making our university more sustainable such as university investments in fossil fuel companies. Furthermore I have experience working in committees in order to implement new ideas to improve the green credentials of the university. Furthermore I will make myself available with time and resources for anyone if they have new ideas that they want to suggest or carry out.