Students with an interest in the technical side of theatre production: lighting, sound, set + stage management
Collaborating with UCL societies such as Musical Theatre, Drama, Music, K-Pop, Dance, Live Music, Pole Fitness, African Caribbean, TedX, Malaysian, Salsa, Graters, Shakespeare Company, Indian, Jazz and Anime to put on productions
- UCL’s on-campus theatre: the Bloomsbury Theatre and Studio
- Smaller performance spaces around UCL
- Local Camden theatres
13 large shows in the Bloomsbury Theatre throughout the year, with an average of one smaller show per week
We have opportunities to suit all levels of availability + commitment:
- A free weekend? Sign up for one of our smaller shows or one-off events!
- Got a week? Be an assistant on a Bloomsbury Theatre show!
- Willing to put in the hours over the course of a month? Apply for a lead crew role on a Bloomsbury Theatre show!
- "The opportunities to gain new skills"
- "Getting to create something amazing that you can be proud of"
- "To get involved in the arts in ways other than performing"
- "The warm and supportive environment"
- "It's like a big family"
- "You learn so much and get to be so creative alongside your studies"
- "It's empowering"
- “You make friends with people from all different societies, courses and year groups that you’d never have met otherwise”
No previous experience required - just our £10 membership.
We run training weeks during terms 1 and 2 (though only the core health and safety session is compulsory)
All our opportunities are advertised on our Instagram @uclstagecrew and our WhatsApp group (Link in Instagram bio!)
UCL Stage Crew Society has signed the Zero Tolerance to Sexual Harassment Pledge