Welcome to UCL's first ever Krav Maga society!
We are proud to offer to all students of UCL this unique opportunity to be introduced to the incredibly efficient and highly regarded self defence system, Krav Maga.
Many people find themselves wishing they could learn some basic self defence, for reasons of fitness or safety, but simply don't have the time necessary to master a martial art. If you are one of those people, this is the society for you! The beauty of Krav Maga is the simplicity and efficiency of the techniques involved. Since our sole focus is self defence, you will benefit from the sessions immediately and be safer on the streets from the very first lesson!
Krav Maga specialises in realistic self defence - this means our sessions will cover defending attacks from fists, choke holds, knives, sticks, guns and more. Do not worry if this sounds frightening! We will never make you do a technique you don't want to do, but we assure you that you will feel comfortable with us. Our instructors have direct lineage to the creator of Krav Maga (Imi Lichtenfeld) and are some of the best and most experienced instructors of Krav Maga, so it will be a privilege to learn from them. We also run socials so that we can all get to know each other outside of training.
- Taster Membership: free (available at any time throughout the year). With this membership, you can attend one class in each course (for example, one Monday class and one Thursday class in term 2) for free. After that, you must buy our standard membership.
- Standard Membership: £25 for the year. You must buy this in order to train in-person and attend more than one class in each course. You then must by the respective course(s) you want to attend.
TRAINING SESSIONS - TERM 1 (2O23/24):
COURSE #1: INTRODUCTION TO SELF DEFENCE W/ INSTRUCTOR MOHAMMED (9 WEEK COURSE)
- Day: Monday
- Time: 6.30-8.30pm
- Location: Bloomsbury Theatre Conference Room (Bloomsbury Theatre, Floor 2)
COURSE #2: DEFENCE AGAINST CHOKES, HOLDS, AND GROUND ATTACKS W/ MASTER SHAIKH (9 WEEK COURSE)
- Day: Thursday
- Time: 7:00 - 8:30pm
- Location: Mandela Studio (Bloomsbury Theatre, Floor 3)
- One course: £60 (10 classes)
- Both courses: £100 (20 classes)
- Pay As You Go: £10 per class
(If you would like to attend only Mondays classes and not Thursdays, it is £60 for Mondays course and visa-versa)
Note: Both courses are beginner friendly and require no prior training in Krav Maga or any Martial Arts
PURCHASE LESSONS HERE: