Welcome to UCL's first ever Krav Maga society!
We are proud to offer to all students of UCL this unique opportunity to be introduced to the incredibly efficient and highly regarded self defence system, Krav Maga.
Many people find themselves wishing they could learn some basic self defence, for reasons of fitness or safety, but simply don't have the time necessary to master a martial art. If you are one of those people, this is the society for you! The beauty of Krav Maga is the simplicity and efficiency of the techniques involved. Since our sole focus is self defence, you will benefit from the sessions immediately and be safer on the streets from the very first lesson!
Krav Maga specialises in realistic self defence - this means our sessions will cover defending attacks from fists, choke holds, knives, sticks, guns and more. Do not worry if this sounds frightening! We will never make you do a technique you don't want to do, but we assure you that you will feel comfortable with us. Our instructors have direct lineage to the creator of Krav Maga (Imi Lichtenfeld) and are some of the best and most experienced instructors of Krav Maga, so it will be a privilege to learn from them. We also run socials so that we can all get to know each other outside of training.
- Taster Membership: free (available at any time throughout the year). With this membership, you can attend one class in each course (for example, one Monday class and one Thursday class in term 2) for free. After that, you must buy our standard membership.
- Standard Membership: £20 for the year. You must buy this in order to train in-person and attend more than one class in each course.
TRAINING SESSIONS - TERM 2 (2O22/23):
COURSE #1: DEFENCE AGAINST KNIFE ATTACKS W/ SENIOR INSTRUCTOR MOHAMMED (10 WEEK COURSE)
- Day: Monday
- Time: 6.30-8.30pm
- Location: Bloomsbury Theatre Conference Room (2nd floor)
COURSE #2: UNARMED SELF DEFENCE W/ MASTER SHAIKH (10 WEEK COURSE)
- Day: Thursday
- Time: 6-8pm
- Location: Gordon House 106
- One course: £60 (10 x 2hr classes)
- Both courses: £100 (20 x 2hr classes)
- Pay As You Go: £10 per 2hr class
PURCHASE LESSONS HERE:
Monday Full Course and Monday Pay As You Go: Defence Against Knife Attacks | Students Union UCL
Thursday Full Course and Thursday Pay As You Go: Unarmed Self-Defence | Students Union UCL
Monday and Thursday Full Courses: Full course- Defence Against Knife Attacks | Students Union UCL (apologies for the incorrect title but this is the right link!)