We are the departmental society of the Psychology and Human Development department and are open to all UCL students with a passion for delving deeper into the realms of psychology and education, or those simply seeking a welcoming society offering ample opportunities to socialise! Our primary aim is to foster closer ties within the Department of Psychology and Human Development, encourage all UCL students to actively engage with the fields of psychology and education while facilitating avenues for academic and career growth.
This year, we have an exciting array of events lined up:
- Welcome Week: Kickstart your UCL journey with us as we host a departmental picnic for the Psychology and Human Development department, followed by an ice-breaker event open to all UCL students interested in becoming members of our society.
- Winter Celebration: Cap off the term with our Winter Celebration, complete with karaoke, pizza, and boundless enjoyment!
- IOE Ball: Get ready to dress up and join us for a memorable evening filled with music, good food, and lasting memories at our exclusive IOE ball this spring. Be sure to spread the word!
- Are you intrigued by psychopathy? Join us for a spine-tingling Halloween event in a cosy pub, featuring an outstanding IOE lecturer and researcher shedding light on this captivating topic.
- Join us in scientific events where lecturers from the department of Psychology and Human Development department share their research in student-friendly and accessible talks. Join us to stay informed about the latest hot topics in these fields!
Academic and Career:
- For freshers, we're offering an indispensable induction guide to everything UCL and London. Throughout the academic year, we'll host peer support events tailored for Psychology with Education students, emphasising peer mentoring. Look out for our informative sessions designed to assist you with your studies and career ambitions. Moreover, we're thrilled to introduce an exclusive PES volunteering program in term 2, accessible to all students.
Don't miss out on these incredible opportunities to enhance your academic journey, make lasting connections, and have a fantastic time along the way. Join us at the Psychology and Education Society (PES)!