Welcome to the UCL Mental Health Society, a community dedicated to removing the stigma surrounding mental health on campus.
UCL Mental Health Society was established in 2020 with the idea to create a safe community for students affected by mental health problems, both directly and indirectly. The aim of the society is to :
- Offer a safe space for students to be able to open up about the problems they are facing
- Facilitate an environment where students can support students
- Work with the student community at UCL to reduce the stigma surrounding mental health
- Signpost students to be able to get the resources they need, no matter what it is they need
Many students at UCL with mental health issues lack a support system and often do not have anywhere or anyone to turn to for help. UCL Mental Health Society aims to be that support system and provide every student in need with information about how and where to seek help from professionals.
It is important to note that UCL Mental Health Society is not attempting to solve students’ mental health issues as we are not professionals; we only aim to comfort students in need and let them know that they are not alone and that they have support from their peers.
- Standard membership (£5) includes access to all events (both online and in-person) including socials, workshops, academic events and lectures, wellbeing events, and much more.
- Taster membership (free) includes access to online socials and some wellbeing events.
If you'd like to stay up to date with our events, check out our social media pages (links below) and feel free to email us at [email protected]