EAT, SLEEP, SELF-CARE, REPEAT
- We hope that our society can guide you on how to lead a healthy, balanced and fulfilled lifestyle that is also sustainable so that your study/social life are not compromised
- The UCL Lifestyle Medicine Society is part of the wider lifestyle medicine movement that aims to improve, prevent and manage health conditions by altering individual behaviours.
- The approach combines physical activity, good nutrition, mental wellbeing, sleep and more with traditional medicine.
What is Lifestyle Medicine?
Lifestyle medicine focuses on improving the health and wellbeing of individuals and populations.Patient’s ideas, values, mind-set and social context blend with the clinicians’ expertise and also with clinical research outcomes, in order to identify a health-and-wellbeing sweet-spot which is unique to the patient. Thus empowered, the patient will be enabled to take control of their health destiny.
Why Should you Join?
- Learn more about the ever evolving field of lifestyle medicine and be able to contribute to changes in the way we look at health.
- Interesting Talks by on physical activity, nutrition, sleep and more as well as the opportunity to contribute to panel events. As well as helpful sessions on how to get the most out of your lifestyle and maximise your wellbeing.
- SELF CARE SOCIALS – Regular affordable socials to de-stress sans alcohol.
Follow us on Instagram to stay up to date with events and current research in Lifestyle medicine - @ucllifestylemed