Welcome to RUMS Women’s Hockey Club!
RUMS Women’s Hockey club is open to medical students studying at UCL. We have 3 teams, so plenty of opportunities for everybody to get involved! Many members start off as complete beginners and our excellent coaching and fitness sessions set you up with all the skills you’ll need to keep improving. For those who are more experienced, our 1st XI are always looking for talented players.
Our weekly training schedule
- Fitness sessions arranged by team captains
- Monday 18:15-20:15: Team training at Southgate Hockey Centre
- Wednesday afternoons: League matches (Home games played in Southgate)
- Saturdays: England Hockey London League games in a mixed team with UCL Women's Hockey Club 1st team
- Sundays: League matches (at the Lee Valley Olympic pitches) and mixed matches with the men's club
We have plenty of socials to keep everybody bonding throughout the year! Every Wednesday is Sports Night at The Huntley, always guaranteed to be a laugh and a great opportunity to keep up team spirits! Freshers, Wednesday will soon become your favourite day of the week! We have introduced a variety of new socials over the last couple of years including: bingo night, life drawing, cook-alongs and yoga! We also go out for regular team curries, and have plenty of socials with the men's club: pub crawls, 3 weekend tours to cities across the country, the annual End of Season Dinner and RUMS Sports Ball.
If you have any questions before the start of the season, email us at [email protected] . Otherwise, we look forward to welcoming you to one of the friendliest clubs in UCL in September!