Interested in Georgian culture, language, or history? Are you Georgian, or maybe you have friends and family there? Have you ever thought of travelling to Georgia? Or maybe you’re a fan of Georgian food? If you answered yes to at least one of these questions, we invite you to join the Georgian Society!
The Georgian Society is a vibrant and inclusive community dedicated to celebrating the rich culture of Sakartvelo (Georgia).
- Social events;
- Academic discussions;
- Film screenings;
- Georgian dance workshops;
- Food and wine tastings;
and so much more!
In order to:
- Provide networking opportunities for Georgian students;
- Educate UCL students on the Georgian language, traditions, geography, history and even current affairs;
- Promote the Georgian culture, including art, cinema, culinary and wine-making traditions;
- Create a welcoming environment for both Georgia enthusiasts and Georgians away from home.
P.S. We will keep promoting Georgia until no Georgian student gets asked if they're from the US state :)