We are UCL's student run pro bono creative agency. Charities and organisations often need help with their advertising, marketing and visual image. We help these organisations get their message across in new, imaginative ways by offering free creative services - graphics, web design, video design etc.
Beyond this, and perhaps most importantly, we are a space for all types of creatives to learn, collaborate, gain exposure and thrive. Whether part-time painter, professional photographer, musician or jewellery maker, we have a space for you.
Free Hype offers invaluable experience to break into a tough industry, helps build your career, offers networking opportunities, and is almost too much fun.
What we do:
- Receive briefs from charities and non-governmental organisations and work in teams to execute them as creatively as possible. We think, plan, write, draw, film and design.
- Propose and oversee collaborative projects with artists in differing practices (i.e. pairing budding actors, writers, film-makers and sound production artists for a short film)
- Run workshops throughout term to learn skills needed in your chosen creative field (i.e. film-making, song-writing, visual art)
- Host talks from artistic professionals as well as those in the voluntary sector and charities
- Termly Gigs/ Premiers/ Displays to promote the best of the members’ recent work
- Offer opportunities to socialise in a friendly and inclusive environment
- Visit the top creative agencies of the world and learn from the best
Join us to create, learn new skills, understand the industry, and most importantly, do good!