UCL Men’s Football Club (UCLFC) is the biggest sports club at UCL. With eight teams competing in a combined total of thirteen leagues, we provide unrivalled sporting and social opportunities, allowing our members to become further immersed in UCL student life.
Trials: To join one of our eight teams, you must attend one of our Trials. Term 1 trials are taking place at Hackney Marshes at 2pm on the following dates:
- Wednesday 6th October
- Saturday 9th October
- Sunday 10th October
You only need to attend one trial. The location of trials is at Hackney Marshes, E9 5PF. The nearest station is Homerton (Overground). You must bring boots and shin pads to take part. There will be no changing rooms open so arrive ready to play. The games will start promptly at 2pm, so we ask you to arrive at the Hackney Marshes pitches 15 minutes before start time (i.e. 1:45). We also kindly ask that those playing in trials bring a black shirt and white shirt to play in to make it easier to distribute people into teams on the day.
- Fixtures take place twice a week (Wednesdays and Saturdays) for all eight teams. Our home games are played at Shenley - home to Watford FC - and at Hackney Marshes.
- All eight teams train once per week on Monday or Thursday evening (the 1st/2nd XIs for 2 hours and the 3rd-7th XIs for 1 hour. 1st-5th train on Mondays and 6th/7th/8ths train on Thursdays).
- We now have a facebook group dedicated to past members of the club, from any year! Please join the group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/466604794302346
- Club socials are held weekly, and we also host a series of events throughout the year, such as the Christmas Curry, Pub Golf and the End of Season Party.
- Each summer we run a tour abroad (recent destinations have included Barcelona, Split and Malta), as well as a short domestic tour after term 1. These are not to be missed and are considered by many in the club as the highlight of the year.
- MEET US: This year, we will have a stall on campus at the Welcome Fair on Sunday 3rd October. We cannot wait to meet you there
- Trials: To join one of our seven teams, you must attend one of our Trials. These will be taking place on the 6th, 9th and 10th October at 2pm. You only need to attend one trial. The location of trials is at Hackney Marshes, E9 5PF. The nearest station is Homerton (Overground). You must bring boots and shin pads to take part. There will be no changing rooms open so arrive ready to play. We once again kindly ask that those taking part arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of the trials, and bring a black shirt and a white shirt to play in. Both these things should help us to run trials smoothly, and so we thank you for your cooperation.
This year’s joining fee is £75 (all squad members must pay before taking part in any club activity). This contributes towards a myriad of club related items, from our Akuma kits, to various social events across the year, including our annual Christmas Party.
We also are offering a FREE remote membership for those who cannot be in London during the Covid-19 crisis to remain on our mailing list.
Sponsors We are delighted this year to be sponsored by The Stay Club. Find information about their student accommodation and check out their website here.