UCL Men’s Football Club (UCLFC) is the biggest sports club at UCL. With nine teams competing in a combined total of thirteen leagues, we provide unrivalled sporting and social opportunities, allowing our members to become further immersed in UCL student life.
Trials: To join one of our nine teams, you must attend one of our Trials. Term 1 trials are taking place at Hackney Marshes at 2pm on the following dates:
- Wednesday 5th October
- Saturday 8th October
- Sunday 9th October
We will also be running a second set of trials on January 11th at 1pm. Term 2 trials will take place at Hackney Marshes.
You only need to attend one trial. The location of trials is at Hackney Marshes, E9 5PF. The nearest station is Homerton (Overground). You must bring boots and shin pads to take part. There will be no changing rooms open so arrive ready to play. The games will start promptly at 2pm, so we ask you to arrive at the Hackney Marshes pitches 15 minutes before start time (i.e. 1:45). We also kindly ask that those playing in trials bring a black shirt and white shirt to play in to make it easier to distribute people into teams on the day.
- Fixtures take place twice a week (Wednesdays and Saturdays) for all eight teams. Our home games are played at Shenley - home to Watford FC - and at Hackney Marshes.
- All eight teams train once per week on Monday or Thursday evening. All teams from 1sts - 8ths train on Mondays with the exception of the 6ths who train on Thursdays).
- We now have a facebook group dedicated to past members of the club, from any year! Please join the group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/466604794302346
- Club socials are held weekly, and we also host a series of events throughout the year, such as the Christmas Curry, Pub Golf and the End of Season Party.
- Each summer we run a tour abroad (recent destinations have included Barcelona, Split and Malta), as well as a short domestic tour after term 1. These are not to be missed and are considered by many in the club as the highlight of the year.
- MEET US: This year, we will have a stall on campus at the TeamUCL Takeover on Wednesday 28th September. You can also find us at the Welcome Fair on the 1st October. We cannot wait to meet you there
- Trials: To join one of our nine teams, you must attend one of our Trials. These will be taking place on the 5th, 8th and 9th October at 2pm. You only need to attend one trial. The location of trials is at Hackney Marshes, E9 5PF. The nearest station is Homerton (Overground). You must bring boots and shin pads to take part. There will be no changing rooms open so arrive ready to play. We once again kindly ask that those taking part arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of the trials, and bring a black shirt and a white shirt to play in. Both these things should help us to run trials smoothly, and so we thank you for your cooperation.
- Term 2 Trials: We will be running a second set of trials on January 11th at 1pm at Hackney Marshes.
This year’s joining fee is £80 (all squad members must pay before taking part in any club activity). This contributes towards a myriad of club related items, from our Akuma kits, to various social events across the year, including our annual Christmas Party.
We also are offering a FREE remote membership for those who cannot be in London during the Covid-19 crisis to remain on our mailing list.
Sponsors We are delighted this year to be sponsored by The Stay Club. Find information about their student accommodation and check out their website here.
This Club is Pride in Sport Accredited
This Club has signed the Zero Tolerance to Sexual Harassment Pledge.