UCL Boat Club is one of the oldest, largest and most successful sports clubs at UCL. We welcome both experienced as well as novice rowers. With the aid of 2 professional coaches and a number of volunteer coaches, we aim to boat the best possible crews at all levels of competition. With our ever-growing fleet of high-quality boats, from racing singles all the way up to full Olympic class 8s, we can ensure we cater to and support all members throughout the year.
During our annual season, we run 12 training sessions a week across our four squads, host a range of socials, and provide opportunities for volunteering and personal development. We take part in major racing events ranging from BUCS events to Varsity and a range of prestigious and international events such as the Henley Royal and Women's Regattas. While we work hard, we also play hard, all members of the Boat Club enjoy a number of balls and formal dinners throughout the year as well as our weekly socials including sports night, crafts night, team dinners, film night, and much more.
- Senior: all new and returning rowers with previous experience
- Novice: all new rowers & coxes
- Coxes: all new and returning coxes with previous experience
- If you would like to learn to row with us, or have rowed before and would like to join, please get taster membership and use this form to register your interest: https://forms.gle/bXM4V3Y8ADKQKttt5
- If you've got any questions about a squad, please send an email to the appropriate captain ([email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], or [email protected]). You can also ask any questions to [email protected].
If you are concerned about covering the costs of joining this club and would like support to get financial help, please message our Welfare Officer ([email protected]) or look at the SU resources: https://studentsunionucl.org/advice-and-support/support/participation-fund-contact-form).