UCL 5km Run
Our very first UCL 5km Run took place on Wednesday 23 November at the Lee Valley VeloPark next to the UCL East Campus.
We were delighted to see over 200 participants sign up to this event and over 150 participants complete the run, the first coming in at a speedy 17.21 and our tail walker heading in just within an hour.
If you are interested in taking part in the next UCL 5km Run it will take place on Wednesday 15 March at the Lee Valley VeloPark. Sign ups will open before the end of term 1 so please keep an eye on the What's on Calendar.
Here are some ways in which you can get prepared for the next UCL 5km Run:
To view the results from the UCL 5km Run please click on link below:
Post event we sent out a feedback form asking all participants if they would attend a future UCL 5km Run and 100% of respondents said they would attend another UCL 5km Run. Please see some examples of participant feedback below:
- 'Great value and lots of fun'
- 'Nice activity, I loved it. Please organise again'
- 'Very nice venue and was beginner friendly. Pacers were extremely helpful'
- 'The event gave me an opportunity to make friends outside of my institution'
- 'I liked how they accommodate to everyone's ability and everyone was very supportive regardless of how long you took to run the 5km'
- 'I feel like the union did a good job of making it a very inclusive event, for all levels of runners. I would also encourage a lot of my friends, even those who don't run regularly, to attend this event because its a lot of fun'
- 'The event was well-organised and the course was fun and interesting. The hills added a challenge'
- 'It was nice to do a run with other people for once rather than on my treadmill at home'
- 'Really well organised given that it was the first event of its kind.'
- 'It was very inclusive and it didn't matter how fast you were. It was also really fun'