Yucan Thrive is an 8-week program to support the well-being of young carers from schools across East London. The program is aimed at young children who have added responsibilities due to someone having a disability at home, mental health problems, bereavement, sibling responsibility, language translations, and more.
The project aims to address the lack of support for young carers and provide them with a safe and empowering space to learn about their rights, participate in fun and creative workshops, and receive support for their well-being. Each session will run for 1 hour and 30 minutes as an extracurricular activity towards the end of the school day to accommodate young carers with pressing family/sibling commitments.
Yucan Shine is a 10-week well-being programme for children in primary schools in East London. Working collaboratively with our partners, we are facilitating engaging workshops that address and tackle issues young child carers face today, like managing difficult emotions, stress, and isolation, whilst providing fun respite opportunities.
Participants will also learn child-friendly first aid, equipping them with confidence and potential in their self-initiative within their caring role.
- Assisting with the facilitation of workshops and activities for young carers
- Providing one-to-one support and leading groups in breakaway activities for young carers
- Assisting with administrative tasks such as registering participants and maintaining records, setting up and packing away equipment
- Providing emotional support and guidance to young carers as needed
- Ensuring a safe and inclusive environment for all participants
May 2nd - 3rd- 9th-10th-16th-17th-23rd-24th
June 6th-7th-13th -14th-20th-21st-27th-28th
Yucan Shine - 10 WEEKS
May 2nd - 9th-11th-16th-18th-23rd-25th
June 6th-8th-13th -15th-20th-22nd-27th-29th