At Age UK Westminster we run a weekly Information and Advice telephone helpline for our clients, service users and the public. The telephone helpline operates between 10am - 2pm Monday to Friday. We ask volunteers to commit to at least one day (4h) a week.
We completely rely on the support of our friendly, diverse and dedicated team of Telephone Enquiries and Signposting Volunteers to ensure this vital service continues.
We’d love you to join this amazing team for just 4 hours per week. You will volunteer in our office, based at the Beethoven Centre, Third Avenue, London W10 4JL.
Your duties will include handling general telephone enquiries, providing information and signposting callers to other external agencies so that they can access the services they require. We’d also ask you occasionally to support our small team of staff with their admin tasks.
Summary of duties:
- Acting as the first point of contact for the office and responding to enquiries from callers
- Providing information about AUKW services and signposting callers to other relevant agencies
- Logging all telephone enquiries on to AUKW CRM database
- Ensuring that messages are passed on to relevant staff members promptly and as appropriate
- Ensuring that voice messages that are left on the phone the previous day are actioned promptly
- Booking appointment for service users who wish to have face-to-face meetings with the I&A team
- Assisting with any other general admin tasks as required
We hope you can commit for as long as you can to help your experience and to allow us to build a better rapport.