Friday Club opens every Friday between 11am and 1:30pm offering a safe and welcoming space for people in need. This includes street homeless, those who have previously been homeless, those living below the poverty line and those who are socially isolated.
We have capacity for 40 visitors each Friday who were able to access the Club where they can get refreshments, a hot and healthy lunch, and clothes and toiletries.
There is a member of staff from C4WS on hand to provide welfare support to those needing it. This might be around housing, employment, paperwork, health, Foodbank needs and emotional requirements.
Role of the Front of House Volunteer Team:
Main Café Area:
The café team will be a group of 2-3 people and will mostly work in the café area, visible to the cooking team via a hatch.
Tasks will be allocated to these members on the morning, these will include but are not limited to:
- Set up drinks station – a member of staff will tell you how this is done if this is your first time at Friday Club.
- Prepare snacks for the tables – cut cakes, butter bread etc.
- Wrap cutlery in napkins
- Help manage the shower rota when the club is open
- Ensuring the space is tidy once members enter, helping clear tables/load dishwasher.
- Everyone needs to have left by 1.30pm so the cleaner can complete his job.
- Ensure that FC members that are physically infirm and waiting to enter are given a seat outside.