Share is a registered charity and a centre for training and wellbeing. We provide a range of programmes helping adults with learning disabilities, autism and other support needs become more happy, healthy and independent. Our vision is a world where disabled people are fully included in society, living the life they choose, and we need talented people like you to help us make that happen.
What do our current Befrienders say?
‘My favourite thing about being a Befriender is being able to positively impact on someone's life.’
‘There is also lots of support for volunteers, well organised and is always made enjoyable by the staff.’
Why choose Share Community?
We previously received a Best Practice in Volunteering Award from Lifetimes, an organisation that supports voluntary and community activity in Wandsworth. They were particularly impressed by the support, training, recognition and reward that we give to our volunteers and that we recruited people with additional support needs and those from marginalised backgrounds.
In return for you giving up your time for us, you can expect:
- A warm welcome into our organisation from our dedicated volunteering team.
- An opportunity to develop new skills and add to your CV.
- A reference for your time with us.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses within TFL zone 1 – 6.
- £5 towards lunch, or a free lunch in our onsite canteen at our Clapham Junction site (if volunteering for more than four hours a day).
- Invitations to all our events such as: our garden parties, away days, Christmas parties and our student awards ceremony.
- The opportunity to have your say in our annual volunteer survey.
- A genuine opportunity to make a difference and become part of a community.