You should be paid travel expenses wherever you’re volunteering. If you’re with an external charity registered with the Volunteering Service, they will pay your expenses unless they have made a special arrangement with us to waive that aspect of our Service Standards.
If you’re with one of our registered student-led projects, then you can claim your expenses from the Volunteering Service. Please note that we will pay for bus, tube or standard class rail travel within Transport for London Zones 1-6. We will only pay for travel outside of Zone 6 in one–off, exceptional circumstances such as conference attendance, and only then with prior agreement.
How to claim:
- If you have an oyster card, you can sign up and login to your Oyster Online account to view and print off your journey history (up to eight weeks), making sure you highlight the relevant journeys.
- A debit/credit card statement only showing the amount spent is not sufficient - you can associate your contactless payment card or device with your Oyster Online account.
- Send a scan of your statement, along with a completed expenses form to our admin account
- We’ll put your claim in for processing. You’ll be paid via your bank account. This can take up to two weeks.
- Note that we can only reimburse money into your own UK bank account.
A VAT receipt, travel ticket or proof of travel from TfL Oyster Online can be used for reimbursement of travel expenses.
A debit/credit card receipt, or a receipt from topping up your Oyster is not sufficient!
If you have any questions, please email our admin account.