Project Activators are students at University College London who are enthusiastic about developing and promoting Project Active to their peers and are interested in motivating inactive students. They are the face of Project Active within the university and create a friendly and welcoming environment for all students. Project Activators are committed and interested in getting as many students as possible involved in physical activity.
Could you be a Project Activator? Are you passionate about sport? Would you like to learn new skills? Are you enthusiastic about developing and promoting accessible sport and physical activity to your peers? Are you looking for flexible and time-light volunteering which you can fit in around your studies?
- You will receive a Project Activator T-shirt
- Access to all training required to complete the role
- Increase your employability skills and help make your CV stand out from others
- Help to shape the Project Active programme and University Sport as a whole
- Free access to Project Active weekly classes throughout the year
- Gain new skills and training whilst meeting new people
- A monthly prize for Project Activator of the month
- Make a difference to your university
- Full support from Team UCL staff
- Opportunity to apply for personal development courses including coaching or officiating qualifications after you have completed 10 volunteering hours
We are currently recruiting for Project Activators for the 2023/24 academic year. To view the volunteer description, please click here.
To apply to be a Project Activator please click here.
Our Project Activators
Name: Adil Patel
Course: PhD Physics
Session: Postgraduate Project Active Regents Park Run
I enjoy volunteering for Project Active because I love to get people more active, especially since postgraduate life can be very stressful. Sports keeps people healthy and improves their mood, which really helps students cope with the student life. Plus, Regent’s Park on a sunny day will always brighten your mood!
My favourite part of this role is seeing people achieve something they never thought they could do. Some runners completed their very first 5K with us, while others ran for the first time after years of inactivity.
Name: Tanya Ramesh
Course: BSc Social Science with Data Science
I became a Project Activator to show sports can be enjoyable and accessible to everyone. I believe physical activity is a great way to develop social skills and promote well-being. University life can be stressful, and exercising is a good form of coping.
I love Touch Rugby and am focused on promoting it at UCL. Touch Rugby has been a big part of my childhood, and I want to spread the joy of the sport to others. I currently facilitate the Touch Rugby social leagues with Project Active; I look forward to Fridays for a whole other reason now!
My favourite part of the role has been seeing people realise they don't need fancy equipment and a lot of experience to start getting active. I have seen first-time Touch Rugby players score a try and make new friends in the process.