Skip to the main content

Are you interested in improving life at UCL? Become an elected representative and help shape the way the university works.

There are lots of ways to take part, depending on what you want to do. Which one is best for you?

Firstly, find your cause 

Students’ Union UCL has three main policy zones: Activities, Education and Welfare & Community. 

Each zone discusses issues, considers effective policies and advocates for a variety of causes that impact on the student body. The Students’ Union is also a registered charity and therefore has a Board of Trustees which oversees the strategic direction of the Union. 

Activities Zone 

We’re looking for 15 Activities Reps this year to join the Activities Zone. If you’re a current member of a club or society you can nominate yourself in your respective category: 

-Sport x 6
-Societies (Altruism) 
-Societies (Common Interest) 
-Societies (Cultural) 
-Societies (Departmental) 
-Societies (Faith and Spirituality)
-Societies (Finance and Enterprise) 
-Societies (Political) 
-Societies (Student Media) 

To view a list of society categories, click here

Education Zone 

We’re looking for 33 Faculty Reps this year to join the Education Zone. That’s one Faulty Rep per level of study for each of UCL’s 11 Faculties. 

By being the voice of your Faculty, you’ll work with us to spot trends for improvement in the feedback you get from your departments and raise them at the Faculty Teaching Committee. You’ll also be a member of Education Zone where you have the chance to ensure that Union decisions are for the good of your Faculty, or put forward changes you want to see us make.

To find out what UCL Faculty your department sits in, click here

If you’re interested in becoming a course rep or a lead departmental rep please speak to your departmental administrator for more information. 

Course and Research Student Reps work with staff in your department to make sure you have a say in decisions about your education, and work with us to help change your education for the better. Your department will tell you how to become a Course or Research Student Rep. 

Welfare & Community Zone 

We’re looking for 16 Hall reps to join the Welfare & Community Zone. 

Every UCL residence has an elected Hall Rep. As a Hall Rep you’ll work with the Union to make sure that your residence is up to standard and that issues are dealt with quickly and fairly. You’ll also help create a greater sense of student community in your residence. Hall reps receive a £2,000 rent reduction for carrying out the role. 

We’re also looking for an External Accommodation Officer and Officer with Caring Responsibilities

Union Executive

Help us ensure that UCL remains a diverse, open community. We believe that no student should be systematically disadvantaged because of their background or what they study. Liberation and other part-time officers are elected in term two. However, we have a vacant position for a Disabled Students’ Officer, who will sit on Union Executive. The Officer is a Liberation Officer and so they can attend all Policy Zone meetings with voting rights.

Board of Trustees 

We’re looking for four Student Trustees to join the Board of Trustees. 

Submit your nomination now