- Establish leisure lounges and sleeping pods across campus so students can have a better balance in life and study.
- Schedule more spaces for societies to store equipment.
- Schedule more funding for clubs and societies and organize society crossover events.
- Promote engagement across different campuses (East, IOE), i.e., free shuttle bus.
- Promote end-of-year career fair.
- Work with student associations and societies to ensure their voices are heard and their needs are met.
- Engage with cultural diversity by delivering activities such as Black History Month and Asian History Month.
- Collaboration and communication skills: I have a background in math+physics+stat from Natural Science. This means that I will need to collaborate with students from diverse departments, and this has trained me to hear voices broadly.
- Multicultural awareness: I have experience living in different cities in China, the Philippines, and now London. This suggests that I am adaptable and can navigate different cultural contexts. It will be beneficial in this role where I need to engage with students from diverse backgrounds and create events that are inclusive and accessible to everyone.
I'm FUN, CREATIVE and EASYGOING, just what activity & engagement officer needs.
If elected, I will establish leisure lounges and sleeping pods on campus, schedule more spaces and funding for clubs and societies, promote engagement across different campuses, promote end-of-year career fairs, and engage with cultural diversity through events like Black History Month and Asian History Month. I will also bring collaboration and communication skills, as well as multicultural awareness based on my experience gained by interacting with diverse people on campus and in different countries.