Nominations: Nominations closed
Voting: Voting closed
In order to vote for this position you must self-define as a trans and/or non-binary student.
Growing up in the birthplace of the UK's largest pride festival, I have been involved in queer activism for many years now. Having had a job in the charity sector for now more than a year, I hope to use the skills I have learned to organise funding, networking and welfare for the trans community here. Collaborating with the Council of Europe and drawing from this experience, I understand the importance of advocating our needs in the student union. This will include continued projects like increasing access to gender neutral toilets and new policy such as an 'opt-out' scheme for pronouns.
- Rejoining Stonewall stays at the top of the agenda.
- Normalise use of pronouns in introductions throughout the university - introduce an 'opt-out' system for adding pronouns on online platforms.
- Implementation of effective training for lecturers and seminar leaders.
- Push for gender neutral bathrooms by setting up single enclosure facilities.
- Increase welfare resources.
- Expand the trans network and create a safe online platform for students to share advice and make connections.
- Lobby for a fund to help cover gender-affirming surgery and therapy
There has never been a more important time to advocate for our rights at UCL than right now with the recent partition from Stonewall. Over the past few weeks, I have felt anger, anxiety and dread about what this means for my safety and existence within this institution so I'm applying to this role jointly with Amelia Sampson in the hope that we can provide tangible changes to help so many that I know feel the same.