UCL Men's Rugby Football Club (UCLMRFC) is London's biggest student rugby club and UCL's most successful. We play serious rugby and enjoy seriously good socials. With competitive BUCS fixtures across multiple teams every week, regular training and a much-revered social calendar, why not enter the home of rugby at UCL?
- We have two teams (1XV and 2XV) playing competitive BUCS rugby. Fixtures take place every Wednesday, with home games at Chiswick RFC. Fixtures for a third team (3XV) will also be arranged whenever possible. All abilities and backgrounds are welcome; whether you have bags of experience or absolutely none, there is a place for you in our club.
- Training takes place at least once a week (Sundays) at Regent’s Park. Our Head Coach, Matt Searle, is Level 3 qualified and will lead our training sessions as we progress throughout what promises to be a competitive season.
- The season culminates with our iconic Varsity fixture against rivals King’s College London. Last year, hundreds of spectators (with even more online) watched us beat KCL in a nerve-wracking game. This is a huge event that you do not want to miss.
- We sport an impressive social calendar that is famous throughout UCL. Socials take place every Wednesday evening (before Sports Night at Scala). These tend to be the highlight of the week throughout term time while offering a great space for making lifelong friendships.
- Treasure Hunt, Talent Show, Christmas Curry and End of Season Ball are but some of the socials we have lined up this year. We also have exciting plans for domestic and international tours.
- Our Instagram (@uclmensrugby) is our primary social medium, so be sure to follow us for information about the club's activities and to stay updated with important announcements. We also have a Facebook group exclusive to members, which is the focal point of our communications (including team selections and plans for socials).
- Our Social Membership is £15 and enables you to enjoy our socials throughout the year. If you are new to the game, this will allow you to play rugby with us 'socially', meaning that you can come to our training sessions and develop, but you will not be considered for selection for any of our teams (you can upgrade to Standard at any point).
- Our Standard Membership is £80 and is required for you to play rugby for UCLMRFC at any level. These fees cover core costs.
- Members can purchase their club ties here: https://studentsunionucl.org/product/uclmrfc-ties .
We look forward to meeting you!