UCL Men's Rugby Football Club (UCLMRFC) is London's biggest student rugby club and UCL's most successful. We play serious rugby and enjoy seriously good socials. With competitive BUCS fixtures across multiple teams every week, regular training and a much-revered social calendar, why not enter the home of rugby at UCL?
- We have two teams (1XV and 2XV) playing competitive BUCS rugby. Fixtures take place every Wednesday, with home games at Chiswick RFC. Fixtures for a third team (3XV) will also be arranged whenever possible. All abilities and backgrounds are welcome; whether you have bags of experience or absolutely none, there is a place for you in our club.
- Training takes place at least once a week (Sundays) at Regent’s Park. Our Head Coach, Matt Searle, is Level-3 qualified and leads our training sessions.
- The season culminates with our iconic Varsity fixture against KCL, which is by far the biggest event of the Varsity series. Last March, more than 1,100 spectators watched UCL seal victory by the barest of all margins, in a game that will live forever in UCL's sporting memory (link to video below).
- Post-season rugby is also on offer throughout the third term, with weekly sevens training and entry into a few sevens tournaments.
- We sport an impressive social calendar that is famous throughout UCL. Socials take place every Wednesday evening (before Sports Night at Scala). These tend to be the highlight of the week throughout term time and offer the perfect space for making lifelong friendships.
- Treasure Hunt, Talent Show and Christmas Curry are but some of the annual features in our social calendar.
- Be sure to follow our Instagram (@uclmensrugby) for information about the club's activities and to stay updated with important announcements. We also have a Facebook group exclusive to members, which is the site of essential club communications (including team selections and plans for socials).
- Our Social Membership is £15 and enables you to enjoy our socials throughout the year. If you are new to the game, this will allow you to play rugby with us 'socially', meaning that you can come to our training sessions and develop your skills, but you will not be considered for selection for any of our teams (you can upgrade to Standard at any point).
- Our Standard Membership is £90 and is required for you to play rugby for UCLMRFC at any level. These fees cover core costs.
- Our Half-Year Membership is available exclusively to those joining us during the second term, having missed out on the first half of the season. This has all the benefits of a Standard Membership, but for half the price.
- Members can purchase their club ties here: https://studentsunionucl.org/product/uclmrfc-ties .
See you soon