The Board of Trustees is responsible for the overall management and administration of the Students’ Union and may exercise all the powers of the Union.
The Board’s powers include, but are not limited to:
- The governance of the Union
- The budget of the Union
- The strategy of the Union (which shall be set by the Board following a vote by the Union Council on the strategy and direction of the Union).
The Board of Trustees has the power to override any decision or Policy made by the Members (i.e. by ordinary resolution in Company General Meeting, or at a Member’s meeting, or by Referendum, or by Union Council) which the Trustees consider:
- May have financial implications for the Union
- May be in breach of or inconsistent with the law
- May not be compatible with or in furtherance of the Union’s charitable objects
- May otherwise affect the Union’s ability to fulfil its responsibilities
Chair: Carol Paige, Democracy Operations and Community Officer
Upcoming Board of Trustees Meetings:
Previous Minutes :
Find previous Board of Trustees Agendas and Minutes here.