We all love fashion, but it can have a huge impact on the environment and the people who make our clothes. We will be running swap shops every last Friday of the month during term time from 10:00 to 16:00.
Did you know?
- The UK bins 235 million items of clothing each spring.
- Textile manufacturing uses huge amounts of water, much of which gets flushed into waterways laden with contaminants such as bleaches, acids, inks and dyes. Farmers in parts of China and India are reportedly predicting fashion’s next biggest hues by the colour of rivers tainted by textile industry runoff.
- Workers in developing nations are often paid a pittance to work in unsafe conditions.
Save money and the environment by swapping your clothes at our swap shops!
How it works
- Bring along your preloved clothing that you want to swap.
- Browse the items available in the Swap Shop.
- Swap your preloved clothing for these items.
- If you don't see anything you like, collect a tag and come along to a future Swap Shop to find something there that you'd like to swap: the items available are always changing.
All Clothes Swap Shops run from 10 to 4 on the following dates: