Required field
Your needs

It can take more than four weeks to process financial support applications for grants of up to £3,000, however, we can provide financial support of up to £150 within days to help with essential living costs like food, travel, childcare, and utilities. You can use the £150 grant to address urgent financial needs whilst your application for a larger grant is processed. 

Which statement best describes your situation?

For example, pdfs or screenshots of your most recent bank/credit card statement showing the past month and your current balance, confirmation of your rent amount or childcare costs, a quote for repair/replacement/purchase of an item, quotes for travel costs etc...
Maximum 5 files. • 10 MB limit. • Allowed types: txt, rtf, pdf, doc, docx, odt, ppt, pptx, odp, xls, xlsx, ods. • 50 MB limit per form.
Have you previously applied to UCL’s Financial Assistance Fund?
Has your application been successful?

You may be eligible for the Sarah Douglas Hardship Fund - our financial support for grants of around £1,000.

Do you need short term financial support whilst you wait?
We can provide £150 of financial support withing a few days
Do you need further financial support?
Do you need support with your application to UCL’s Financial Assistance Fund?
Please estimate the amount of money you would need to alleviate your current financial difficulties.

Based on the answers you've given, we're not sure exactly what help you need.

If you'd like to speak to one of our advisors about financial issues, press 'submit' below and we'll arrange an appointment.

Data Protection

Students’ Union UCL will only store and use the information you provide in this survey to process your application, communicate with you about it, and maintain necessary records. We will not identify you in any report nor share your details with anyone else without your further consent, and will only process your personal data in accordance with University College London’s current data protection policy and the Students’ Union UCL Data Protection and Privacy Policy available at