Become a part of the welcoming reception team at Southwark Cathedral where you will help to greet visitors, answer enquiries and respond to calls in this busy and friendly working environment.
- Meeting and greeting those visiting Montague Chambers offices – both staff and visitors.
- Signing visitors in/out to comply with health and safety/confidentiality.
- Keeping the lobby area neat and tidy, with nothing obstructing the walkways/exits – if anything is stored in Reception that is unaccounted for, please inform a member of staff.
- Answering/fielding telephone enquiries and passing on messages to the relevant staff members.
- Enquiries may include (to name just a few examples); details about the daily services, special services or events, booking tours/conference spaces, more operational enquiries concerning access, café/shop opening hours.
- These could also be of a pastoral nature, for example if an individual wishing to book an appointment with the clergy or organise a special service.
- Receiving and distributing incoming post and taking the post to the post office at the end of the afternoon shift.
- Parcels to be recorded and staff member notified.
- Monitoring the CCTV camera feeds and alerting the Vergers/other staff members as appropriate of anything suspicious.