KEEN London is a small but growing charity. Our vision is that every child has the chance to enjoy games and leisure activities and none are left behind due to disability.
We provide free games and activity sessions with tailored support for children with additional needs and disabilities. We support over 100 athletes with a wide range of additional needs, including autism, cerebral palsy, learning disabilities and global development delay.
Volunteer applications from people with disabilities/men/LGBTQ+ people/people of colour are especially welcomed.
During a typical KEEN London session, you’ll provide one-to-one support to an athlete, helping them to access all the activities on offer, achieve their personal development goals, and of course have tons of fun! You can expect to get involved with a wide range of playground games, ball games, nature walks, and creative activities. From time to time we also run trips for our athletes, and previous trips have included trampoline parks, high ropes courses, pedalo boating and slime-making classes!
Our Volunteer Coaches are the backbone of a KEEN London session!
- Help our athletes access the activities and games at our sessions. You’ll support our athletes to engage with the session, and have fun while they’re doing it.
- Support athletes to achieve their goals. You’ll help our Service Coordinators develop goals for our athletes, track their progress, and give them lots of encouragement along the way.
- Work as a team to develop creative ways of engaging with the athletes. You’ll work together to come up with new games, develop resources, and plan activities.
- Get moving. We want our athletes to enjoy being active, making friends, and trying new things - and we want you to join in with them!
- Have fun! Our athletes love working with energetic and enthusiastic people, and we’ll ensure that all your hard work will be rewarded with a great time.
After your induction, you'll be invited to your first session, where you'll be paired up with an experienced volunteer. This is a chance to learn from them and ask any questions you may have about supporting our athletes. Our Service Coordinators are always on hand during sessions to make sure you know what you're doing.
A commitment to attending 2 sessions per month, for at least 6 months. This is to ensure a level of consistency for our athletes and so that you can gain the experience needed to support our athletes effectively.
Completion of our application process. After submitting your application, we’ll invite you to attend a training session and complete a DBS check.