Hft London are currently seeking volunteers with an interest in learning more about the lives of adults who have learning disabilities, to come and meet with a person we support once a week.
This time could be spend in a number of ways depending on the person's interests but activities could include;
- doing a puzzle together, crafts
- playing a board game
- just simply having a cup of tea and a chat!
This project has a positive impact on the people in a number of ways ;
- Providing an opportunity for the people we support to socialise
- Giving to the people we support an opportunity to engage with new people
- Reducing social isolation and loneliness
- Increasing the amount of time the people we support are engaged in meaningful activity
Hft follow all government guidelines surrounding Covid-19 and have a stringent Covid-19 testing regime in place in all our services
All appropriate PPE is provided as needed.