We’re looking for an enthusiastic, consistent Social Media Content Creator with some experience in effective engagement on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. You would work remotely and use these platforms to build our digital audience and supporters and drive our fundraising campaigns.
This rewarding role is ideal for someone who wants to make a positive difference in the lives of those less fortunate and who is looking to develop their knowledge, skills and experience in professional social media engagement, digital fundraising and campaign success.
Our team also aims to visit the Gambia and our colleagues there every year and you would be welcome to join us, but would need to fundraise to cover your own expenses.
- Maintain a regular output of content on our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter feeds that engages our followers and a relevant wider audience
- Use social followers data and our channels to drive donations, sponsorships, event attendance and other support for the charity
- Work with our web editor to promote website content and drive traffic to the site for donations and/or other kinds of support
- Work with our charity chair to respond to any comments or questions posted on our social media content
- Plan and execute social media support for fundraising campaigns and events, as well as the ongoing work of the charity for the nursery school, women’s enterprise projects, and pupil sponsorship
- Use a storytelling approach to the charity’s social media output, focusing on the many Gambian girls and boys the charity has and continues to support through education
- Use social media management tools to measure activity and provide relevant reports and insights
- Attend charity Steering Group meetings on Zoom every 2-3 months