We're looking for UCL students to apply to support and mentor children with their English and Maths homework, to develop their reading skills, help them gain self-confidence and improve their future prospects.
Our Saturday School programme aims to raise the aspirations of young people and adult learning in the community by providing them with the opportunity to learn and broaden their knowledge by providing one-to-one support for a child, adult and families here in London.
This is a great opportunity to raise aspirations, support others and make a difference through volunteering.
- Support students with homework, English and Maths on Saturdays
- Provide one-to-one support for a child
- Read with children
- Assist children in a classroom-based setting with the support of a teacher; offering group support
- Ability to communicate with young people of all ages
- Helping to clear away at the end of the day
- Helping with day outing during summer holiday
- Play activities, sports and games during summer holiday
- Support adults with ICT, English and Maths weekly
- Assist adults in a classroom-based setting with the support of a practitioner; offering group support in the computer suite or in a one to one setting