RESULTS UK is a movement of passionate, committed, every day people. Our grassroots network is made up of 13 campaign groups and many individuals. Our campaigners speak and act powerfully within their communities, building relationships with their MPs and making requests to the UK Government and other decision makers. Volunteers are connected by an interest and passion to end global poverty; and attend training events, action days and social events. They learn about a variety of issues over time and develop their advocacy skills to push for an end to global poverty. Each month there is a well-researched campaign action you can take, which is sent out in our action materials. Our action materials include the context of the campaign, additional information, tips and guidance. The 'Call to action' each month is often to write to, and engage with MPs, and Government Ministers. Who you write to depends on who the RESULTS UK policy and parliamentary teams think you can influence the most! RESULTS campaigners in London meet as a group to plan and take campaign actions and organise events. They regularly join our national monthly conference calls, learning more about international development and sharing their successes from around the UK. For an overview of what being a RESULTS volunteer is all about, check out our welcome pack- https://www.results.org.uk/guides/welcome-pack-volunteers
RESULTS campaigners have the opportunity to:
- Join a local RESULTS action group and meet likeminded individuals campaigning to bring an end to poverty.
- Support our campaigns on global health, education and economic opportunities.
- Take action with us, from publishing articles in the media to meeting with your constituency MP.
- Hear from experts on international development each month on our RESULTS conference calls.
- Put your points directly to influential decision-makers at RESULTS Advocacy Days.
- Organise events within your local community, be an ambassador for RESULTS in your area and help us to grow our network.
- Develop your campaigning and advocacy skills at conferences and training sessions.
-Write blogs and create social media content
-Gain skills in advocacy and campaigning - through practice and training events
-Use your own interests and skill set to shape your advocacy
-Learn from expert speakers in the field of international development
-Receive monthly updates on campaign issues and goings-on in the network
-Receive support and advice from other campaigners, your local group and RESULTS staff