Our public events programme is a very important part of our work, both for Palace income and for raising awareness of Fulham Palace in the local community.
A key part of the role is to welcome and assist event attendees and any external organisers or performers. As well as helping on the event day you might also want to get involved in the lead up to events, with admin and marketing.
Depending upon your interests, experience and availability, tasks include:
At the event:
- helping set up and pack away for events and exhibitions
- welcoming attendees and engaging with visitors throughout events
- preparing attendee ticket lists and event tickets
- ticket collection, selling tickets/taking payments
- assisting event organisers
Prior to the event:
- assist in event , vendors and performers planning and research
- communicating with performers and vendors
- promoting upcoming events including around palace and in local area
- engaging with local businesses leafleting
- completing satisfaction surveys at events
Whilst support and training will be provided, from time to time volunteers may work independently or without one to one supervision