Grand Junction at St Mary Magdalene is a new venue for community, arts and culture based at St Mary Magdalene’s Church, run by Paddington Development Trust.
Our mission is to create, foster and present an eclectic, collaborative programme of music, arts and performance for young people, families, and adults in our three amazing spaces.
Volunteers enable us to do so much more at Grand Junction. We’re looking for passionate, enthusiastic and engaging Marketing and Communications Volunteers to support with the promotion of our community activities and events programme.
We value the contribution that volunteers make to our work. Volunteers in this role will:
- Receive ongoing training, including a detailed volunteer induction and training specific to the role
- Receive reasonable out-of-pocket expenses, in accordance with the PDT volunteer policy
- Receive ongoing support from Grand Junction’s Volunteer Manager, and other Grand Junction staff
- Be supported to use their volunteering to access employment-focused opportunities, such as advice and signposting, where relevant
- Be invited to regular volunteer social gatherings, community events, and talks
What you’ll gain
This role is a great opportunity to:
- Gain on-the-ground experience of using various marketing channels to promote a programme of community activities and events, and increase community engagement
- Develop new skills and confidence
- Contribute to the development and delivery of cultural activities for the local community and feel fulfilment in ‘giving back’
- Meet like-minded people, and make friends!
Working under the supervision of Grand Junction staff, the Marketing and Communications Volunteer will:
- Create engaging content to promote our work on social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Schedule posts across all platforms, using HootSuite
- Manage and respond to direct messages and comments
- Develop new digital links and relationships with local supporters and organisations
- Add Grand Junction events to listing websites
- Produce news articles for the Grand Junction and Paddington Development Trust websites, and write press releases to announce upcoming activities and events
- Prepare a monthly digital bulletin for Grand Junction supporters
- Distribute printed promotional materials to local libraries, schools, doctors’ surgeries and community centres, advertising our activities, and keep accurate records
- Develop links and relationships with local stakeholder organisations
- Create digital and print promotional materials, such as posters and flyers
- Conduct research to identify valuable opportunities to spread the word about Grand Junction and the work we do
- Capture photographs and videos of our activities, and adhere to our image/video consent practices
- Create listings on online event sites, such as Eventbrite
- Support Grand Junction to build its mailing lists and social media followers