An opportunity for a law student or graduate to take up a place in a small charity working with refugees and migrants in the UK. The successful applicant will become the Legal Team Leader and be responsible for the running of the ACAA's free bi-monthly legal clinic, alongside other volunteer tasks. This role would particularly suit a law graduate with an interest in family and immigration law.
- To act as a point of contact for law firms providing pro bono services to the ACAA's beneficiaries.
- To follow up with law firms about legal support provided to clients between every legal advice session.
- To complete administration for the ACAA's legal services.
- To promote and advertise the ACAA's legal services.
- To write and proofread external communications from the ACAA.
- To write and proof read blog posts and articles for the ACAA.
- To assist individuals who ask the charity for legal assistance by providing basic information.
- To work with other volunteers to secure funding for all ACAA projects.