Orleans House Gallery runs practical creative workshops with families, schools and children and young people throughout the year as part of core programmes, in addition to exhibitions and projects.
Our Learning and Engagement Volunteers support the delivery of these activities, as well as being the first point of contact for participants, ensuring a great visitor experience.
- Supporting the workshop leader with the delivery of the activity
- Welcoming and engaging workshop participants, providing information and answering queries.
- Setting up and preparing materials prior to sessions, in addition to tidying and washing up after sessions.
- Adhering to the Arts Service Safeguarding Policy
- Observing good health and safety, including participants and the workshop space
- Be willing to undergo a free Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- Representing the Gallery and Richmond Arts Service
There are opportunities within the role to work with the wider team of staff and volunteers.
We offer a range of regular sessions with some ad hoc workshop sessions throughout the week, including outside of gallery opening hours.
Current regular sessions are:
- Let’s Get Creative for Families on Sundays monthly
- Play:Make:Art for Early Years families on Fridays fortnightly
- Curious Tots for Early Years families on Tuesdays fortnightly
- School visits on Tuesdays or Wednesdays weekly
More information in the individual sessions can be found under What’s On on our website.
We ask for a minimum commitment of one session every half term (6 weeks). Sessions vary in length and we ask you to arrive 30 minutes before the start of the workshop, unless otherwise asked. Please allow up to an hour at the end of the workshop time to support with packing away.