Green woodworkers make objects such as stakes and dibbers out of fresh timber. Green woodworking at the Palace requires no prior knowledge or experience and is a team activity taking place throughout the warmer months. Volunteers gain hands-on experience in an historic garden, work wood using sustainable techniques and, after training, produce high-quality items and demonstrate their skills at public events, engaging others with this fascinating handmade craft.
- working in a team, woodworking together outside in Fulham Palace botanic garden
- crafting wooden heritage items from green wood, usually from the Palace garden
- inspiring others through demonstrating the craft at Palace family events, usually taking place on a weekend
- creating bespoke signage for the Palace garden
• prompt start from 10.15am (or join the team for tea break at 9.45am) and finish by 4pm
• lunch break – 12.30pm to 1.30pm