Make local green spaces more colourful and vibrant through helping with planting and weeding. Volunteering in the sessions will also improve health and reduce isolation of participants by growing food to share and supporting those who need help to get involved or just want to have a chat.
- Help set up and ensure the space is safe and welcoming
- Welcome participants
- Take part in gardening activities both inside and outside
- Prepare refreshments and healthy snacks with the participants
- Chat and listen to participants Help tidy up and debrief after the session
- Plan for future sessions
- Be vigilant to any safeguarding or health and safety concerns and flag them up with the appropriate staff member as soon as possible.