Based in either our Main Gallery or Stables Gallery, the role is integral in providing a high-quality visitor experience, helping visitors understand our exhibitions, as well as invigilating the gallery to maintain the safety and security of the exhibition and the visiting public.
- Welcoming and engaging visitors in a friendly manner
- Providing information about the current exhibition, Richmond Borough Art Collection and the gallery’s history
- Supervising the Gallery spaces, ensuring the safety and security of the public and artwork
- Direct visitors around the gallery as necessary
- Monitoring visitor numbers and contributing to evaluation initiatives
- Representing the Gallery and Richmond Arts Service
There are opportunities within the role to work with the wider team of staff and volunteers.
We ask for a minimum commitment of one shift every fortnight, although there is flexibility over scheduling.