As a regular member of the Front of House team you are the welcoming face of the museum. Working in teams of 2 or 3 volunteers, with training, you will learn how to provide a friendly and informative visit for all our visitors.
- Open and close the museum and ensure it is presentable and ready to receive visitors
- Greet visitors, welcome them into the museum and engage with them about the exhibits and history of the building
- Sell admissions, gifts and books, and ensure the till procedures are followed correctly
- Answer telephone and in-person enquiries
- Provide refreshments and assistance during group visits
- Maintain the various museum areas and ensure they are presentable
- Follow museum policies and procedures to ensure the building, volunteers, staff and visitors are safe and well at all times